Drop-Off & Pickup
Morning drop-off procedures
When dropping your child(ren) off in the morning, please proceed as far as possible down the curb so other vehicles can pull up behind you. Children should get out of the passenger side of the vehicle and step onto the sidewalk in front of the school. Never stop within the crosswalk, as it creates an unsafe situation for students.
- There is no waiting or parking in front of the school by the sidewalk. If you arrive early, please use the parking lot for waiting.
- If you are not dropping off at the curb, please park your vehicle and walk your child(ren) across the crosswalk.
- For the safety of all, please refrain from using your cell phone while dropping off your child(ren).
Afternoon pickup procedures
When picking up your child(ren), please proceed as far as possible down the curb so other vehicles can pull up behind you. Children must be ready to enter the vehicle on the passenger side. Never stop within the crosswalk, as it creates an unsafe situation for students.
- No waiting or parking in front of the school by the sidewalk. This prevents other parents/guardians from picking up their children. If your child is not available for pickup, park your vehicle and enter the school to meet them. Do not leave your vehicle unattended at the curb.
- Please observe the one-way signs within Basswood’s parking lot and proceed with caution. Please do not cut in line on the east side of the crosswalk.
- Never drop-off or pickup within the crosswalk area. Enter the vehicle waiting line for curbside pickup on the far west side of the parking lot or enter the vehicle waiting line from Vicksburg.
Watch for the signals given by our safety patrols when present.
- Flags straight in the air are at alert and vehicles should prepare to stop.
- Flags out means pedestrians are crossing and vehicles should be at a complete stop.
- Pedestrians must wait for the patrols to instruct them to cross.
If you are not picking up your child(ren) at the curb, please park your car and walk across the crosswalk to meet your child on the sidewalk.